Pages

Monday, 30 December 2013

Season's Greetings!

Merry Christmas! Happy holidays! I thought I'd just showcase a few illustrators I'm really into at the moment, as I'm sitting here catching up on their blogs and generally basking in their awesomeness :)

First up, Studio MME. I absolutely LOVE the stories and characters Megan comes up with. It's a delight to receive her little imagination pick-me-ups in my email inbox, like my own personal break from reality.
'Daughters of the Forest' by Megan Eckman at StudioMME

Doodle Art was always a big thing when I was growing up, so discovering ink artists Johanna Basford and Kerby Rosanes (Sketchy Stories - click on his name to see his illustrations) has re-opened a world of colouring for me. Colouring in is so relaxing!

Gorgeous flowers from Johanna Basford

Mattias Adolfsson displays an excellent sense of humour in his illustrations...

I adore Mattias Adolfsson's reindeer-pig :)

... and I have two of Natalia Pierandrei's (nati-art) gorgeous, romantic prints in my home:

'The Victorian Circus' by nati-art

Last, but definitely not least, is someone I knew way back when, in Wellington, when we were just teens: Rufus Dayglo. Rufus is the artist with the formidable skills behind 'Tank Girl', among other things.
'Tank Girl' by Rufus Dayglo

So that's what I've been doing to relax these last few days; checking out some great illustration talent :) I've included links so you can go to the artist's websites, and all of them have fabulous products/services for sale.

See you soon!


xx


No comments:

Post a Comment